Monday, August 8, 2011

Restaurant of the Month: R

With so much baby excitement around here, I completely forgot to post my monthly restaurant review.  My July pick was Roxane's in Clayton.  Kelly and I had both been here for drinks before but never tried the food.  The menu had a wide variety of small plates so we opted to order several things and share.  We started with the Spinach Dip served with tortilla chips and warm bread.  Spin dip is always favorite of mine and is a little different everywhere you go.  I wouldn't say it was the best spinach dip I've ever had but it was good.  It was hot, bubbly and thick with lots of spinach and some chopped tomatoes.  For the main course we ordered Cheese ravioli with spinach and prosciutto and Buffalo chicken pizza with mozzarella, celery and bleu cheese.  Kelly also ordered the Jerk wings with island spices to take home for later.  So by the time all this food was on our table we looked like a couple of really hungry girls :)  It was way more food than we needed and all of them were much more than I anticipated from a "small" plate.  I think our favorite was the cheese ravioli which was stuffed with spinach and had prosciutto on top with some type of cream sauce.  It was delicious and the one plate that we managed to finish off.  The pizza was big enough to share for a meal in itself.  The crust was thin but not cracker-y and the chicken had just enough buffalo sauce to pack some punch without being messy!  The celery and bleu cheese complimented it nicely.  Needless to say we had leftovers but surprisingly our bill was very reasonable due to some of the small plates being half price during happy hour.  We got all of that food for $20!  While I didn't get to sample any cocktails, I would definitely recommend Roxane's as a great place for happy hour and appetizers/dinner.  It's a popular place with the twenty something crowd and was definitely buzzing by the time we left. 

No comments: