Last week Kelly and I went to Squires for dinner. Squires is located in Lafayette Square and like many of the restaurants there has a great urban decor with exposed brick walls. I have been to Squires a couple of times, but it's been a while. I was anxious to go back. We got there around 5 and sat in the bar area where we were able to take advantage of happy hour. Kelly and I have found that this is the way to go during the week. It's amazing how cheap our meals have been lately thanks to some great happy hour specials. There was also a live band playing - I think they are there every Thursday evening that was very good and drew quite a crowd. We started with the goat cheese broiled with ozark forest wild mushrooms and served with warm herb flat bread. It was so delicious! I love goat cheese and have tried many varieties of dips made with it, but never one that included mushrooms which I also love. It was served hot and bubbly with warm, soft flat bread. I could have made a meal of that alone! Kelly and I learned our lesson on ordering too much food last month so we opted to split the veggie burger topped with roasted sweet red bell peppers & cilantro cream cheese. It had great flavor from black beans and the roasted red peppers. But I think I was more interested in dipping the chips that came on the side in the remaining goat cheese dip :) It was the perfect amount of food and we left satisfied but not stuffed.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Restaurant of the Month: S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I've been here once before and LOVED my meal (got a veggie lasagna where the noodles were actually zucchini). I can't wait to go back!
Post a Comment