Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Jason and I had a great time celebrating Father's Day yesterday. We were up bright and early to get ready to host my family for brunch. On the menu: Bagel Chips With Smoked Salmon, two varieties of egg casserole, baked french toast (compliments of my sister), fruit kabobs (compliments of Mary), mimosas (also Mary's), coffee (thanks Scott) and oatmeal bars for dessert (compliments of my mom). I'd say we had a pretty well rounded meal and everything was delicious! I wish I had taken some pictures of all the food. I did catch a few pictures of everyone hanging out, but somehow didn't get any of my dad!
I did get a picture of the other dad of the day, Scott. He was loving lounging in the most comfortable chair ever :)

Lego time

Flying Merrill

Later that afternoon we headed to St. Charles to celebrate with Jason's dad. We started at Jason's Uncle's house for some appetizers and pool time - necessary when it's almost 100 degrees out! I made these Chicken Enchilada Dip Rollups and they were a hit. Easy to prepare and very tasty!

Jason's parents hosted the whole family for dinner and prepared quite the spread as usual! I swear all I did was eat all day yesterday! It was great to catch up with the Griesenauer's and pay special tribute to Grandpa Griesenauer who passed away earlier this year.

Jason and I had a great day but more importantly we enjoyed spending time with our dad's!

3 comments:

Next Door to Normal said...

So happy to see that Grandpa Bill's chair is getting lots of use. It is the most comfortable chair ever!

Lauren said...

Everyone that has ever sat in that chair loves it! Brandon is constantly trying to "trade" me something for it. I think he'd have to fight Jason!

Scott said...

Thanks for hosting us - after that meal I could have literally sat in that chair all day...