After my trip to Boston and seeing all there was to do there, it made me realize that there is equally as much to do in St. Louis - especially in the summer. It's interesting to go to another part of the country and tell people where you are from and see what their reaction is. Many people that I met in Boston had a somewhat negative impression of St. Louis. They thought it was a dirty city or had a lot of "ghetto" neighborhoods. While there are some parts of St. Louis that are run down and not as safe, there are so many great and diverse neighborhoods to explore. Not to mention that there are a lot of FREE activities in the summer! Jason and I have decided to try and explore as much of the city as we can this summer and enjoy all that it has to offer. Sometimes it's fun to be a tourist in your own city. It reminds me of why I love it here so much.


After enjoying the music for a while we headed to Mizu for sushi. It was delicious! We went early and pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was nice to share a quiet dinner and good conversation with my husband. After dinner we went to the smaller stage and listened to a local rapper. Again, don't remember his name but he was pretty good. We even made the RFT website!


Jason and I had a great day at the RFT Music Showcase. We really enjoyed just walking around the area, trying new restaurants and listening to music. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of things we can find to do this summer. This weekend we are thinking about going to the St. Louis Brew Fest in Forest Park .
No comments:
Post a Comment