Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Restaurant of the Month: E

Kelly and I both agreed that this month was the best dinner we've had yet. Last weekend we went to yet another great part of St. Louis, Lafayette Square, for dinner at Eleven Eleven Mississippi. Known as a “Wine Country Bistro”, Eleven Eleven Mississippi is situated in a restored historic brick warehouse and serves Tuscan and Northern California influenced cuisines.

Despite the hot and sticky weather, Kelly and I decided to dine outside on the covered patio. We ordered a couple of glasses of wine and started looking over the menu.

Everything looked so good it was hard to decide on something. That is until the waitress went over the 3 nightly specials. Kelly and I both decided on the pork chop entree - A 12oz french cut pork chop over mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed green beans with roasted corn and shrimp relish. (Kelly made the waitress repeat this several times so she could write it down and I would be able to describe it just right!). It was huge!

I don't think I have ever ordered a pork chop in my whole life, but this was so delicious it might become a regular meal for me. Not to mention the sides. I was never a big fan of sweet potatoes until a few months ago and now I can not get enough of them!
Kelly and me after our delicious dinner!

After boxing up our leftovers, Kelly and I decided to walk around Lafayette square and work off a bit of that giant pork chop! We found an adorable boutique, Looking Glass Designs, and couldn't resist going in. We both ended up making several purchases! The owner was a very nice woman and we were happy to spend our money at a local business. We ended our night sitting by the fountain in the square and watching a couple of ladies go diving for quarters (I'm not kidding)! It was a relaxing evening with fantastic food, fun shopping and as always good company.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like such a fun evening! That store looks like it would be great.
Tell your family we all say hello! We will be in St. Louis for a couple of days at the end of July- maybe we could all see one another?
Take care!
Leslie

Next Door to Normal said...

Makes me want to plan a StL getaway without the kids...although Joe would be all about that pork chop!