So maybe I've taken a little sabbatical from blog posts and maybe it appears to the rest of the blogosphere that I have dropped off the face of the planet. No worries, I'm still here. Thank you for your concern.
Lauren has been updating you on our latest marital challenge: a half marathon. While a lot more fun than the roof that recently had to be replaced due to squirrels turning it into a veritable tooth sharpener (another story for another day), it is definitely not a walk in the park (pun intended).
I've been a runner ever since I started tagging along on my dad's runs when I was in middle school. I then graduated to the Cross Country team at Duchesne High School and have been hooked ever since. At the time, my teammates and I observed that we were voluntarily participating in an activity that all of the other sports teams used as punishment. I've continued to run the occasional 5K (3.1 miles) race with 4 mile runs (almost) every morning before work. I've considered running a half marathon in the past and even had the occasional thought of doing a full marathon. For various reasons, I've never signed my name on the dotted line. But now, thanks to a request by my sister, Erin, its official and Lauren and I are in the midst of preparation for 13.1 miles of agony...I mean fun.
It has been fun to have a running partner since I haven't had anyone actually want to run with me since college. I'm also enjoying have a race day to build to and train for. I'm looking forward to marking this down as an accomplishment and I'm excited that I get to share it with Lauren. Now, it remains to be seen if she will continue to want to run with me after we finish this adventure of suffering.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
1/2 Marathon Training: Jason's POV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment