Thursday, July 8, 2010

32

My cousin, Leslie, posted a list of 32 "I" statements in honor of her 32nd birthday. She requested that fellow bloggers post their own list. I've enjoyed reading other's lists so I figured why not? Let's see if I can come up with 32 interesting things about myself...

  1. I'm not good at opening up about myself so this is already hard for me!
  2. I am better at communicating in writing than verbally. Hence this whole blog thing :)
  3. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone (see #2) but need to get over it!
  4. I recently signed up to run my first half marathon. I am both excited and incredibly nervous. More to come on this in future blog posts!
  5. I am happy that signing up for the half has given me the motivation to get back into working out. After the wedding I took a bit of a hiatus from the gym.
  6. I am so glad that Jason has been running with me even though I run at a much slower pace. He's a great training partner and helps me push myself.
  7. I can't believe that Jason and I are quickly approaching our 1 yr anniversary. This year is flying by.
  8. I'm trying to think of good present for Jason for our anniversary. Any suggestions?
  9. I had a strong feeling from the moment I saw Jason that he would be a very special person in my life. You might say it was love at first sight :)
  10. I am so glad that it worked out for me to nanny for my nieces part time. I love being a part of their everyday lives.
  11. I am constantly amazed at how fast kids change. If I don't see Millie and Merrill for a couple of days I feel like they are bigger and smarter than the last time I saw them.
  12. I love getting hugs and kisses from the girls.
  13. I love Millie's imagination. Yesterday as we were driving in the car she said she would like to jump on a cloud with me and catch butterflies in a net. Sounds good to me!
  14. I am excited to start my own family.
  15. I can't wait to see Jason as a dad.
  16. I am constantly conflicted about when to start a family. There are a lot of reasons why I would like to start sooner than later, but it just doesn't feel right quite yet. Plus Jason and I are enjoying the freedom and flexibility that comes with it just being the two of us.
  17. I want to travel more. I have a long list of places I would like to visit!
  18. I am grateful for the relationships I have with my siblings and my parents. I can't imagine being part a family that does not see each other or speak often.
  19. I consider my siblings friends and enjoy spending time with them outside of family events.
  20. I've always had a very close and open relationship with my mom.
  21. I admire my dad's work ethic and all he has done for our family.
  22. I wish I got to see my extended family more.
  23. I learned a lot about some of my extended family by reading their "I" lists.
  24. I have learned that quality over quantity is what really matters when it come to friends.
  25. I have also learned that some people will never change and sometimes you have to determine if the friendship is still worth it.
  26. I am starting to think about a career change again. I realize that my current job situation won't last forever and I have no idea what my next step is going to be.
  27. I wonder if I will ever find a job that I love.
  28. I don't like buttons and you will never see me in a button down shirt. Weird I know, but it's been a thing since I was little.
  29. I love shoes.
  30. I am looking forward to planning a vacation in December to either Mexico or the Dominican Republic - someplace warm!
  31. I enjoy writing this blog, but wonder if anyone actually finds it interesting to read?
  32. I am surprised that this was easier than I thought it would be!

5 comments:

Nini said...

Great list Lauren! We wish that we saw you guys more often, too. We need to do something about that.

Patti (also known as "Nini")

Shannon said...

apparently the "I don't like to open up" thing is a Ross gene -- it was quite prevalent in all of the lists :)

Leslie said...

I enjoyed your list, Lauren! Thanks for sharing! I was especially interested in hearing about your uncertainty as to when to start a family. My unsolicited advice is to get a little more traveling done before you have children if traveling is something that you really want to do. I used to absolutely love to take trips with Ben, but now it is just so hard to leave the kids. It will be many, many years before we can really travel once again like we used to.
Thanks again for participating! :)

Next Door to Normal said...

Well, not everyone got the "I don't like to open up gene" but it does seem to pop up pretty frequently. Lauren, I love that you revealed your dislike of buttons...that definitely came out of left field AND made me laugh out loud! You can share a therapy session with Bridget and Ben and discuss their dislike of cotton balls!
We need a little family reunion action this summer or fall...start bugging your dad about that ok?

Bryan said...

Surprisingly, maybe, I too got hit with the "I don't like to open up" gene. I just didn't want to talk about it in my list. I hate to admit that I agree with Barb, but I also enjoyed that statement about the buttons. I guess I will have to return the button fly jeans I bought for you.