Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Merrill!

I can't believe my niece, Merrill, turned 1 this weekend! It seems like just yesterday that we were introduced when my sister and family moved back to St. Louis when Merrill was just 3 weeks old.

I got to spend lots of time celebrating with Merrill this weekend. Friday was her actual birthday and that evening I met up with Shannon and Scott and the girls for dinner and then a trip to the zoo for Jungle Boogie. Merrill loved dancing to the music and seeing the animals.

Saturday was the official party. Merrill looked adorable in her party dress.

I got Merrill these little bowls. It was the first thing she opened and she was completely uninterested in opening anything else. Who knew bowls were so much fun?!


That is until she saw her new baby from Lanie! They couldn't get it out of the box fast enough.


She eventually realized she had lots of new toys to play with!

And chew on ;)

Playing the drums

Lounging in her new lawn chair

The ball pit was a hit!


Merrill was very dainty while eating her cake and insisted on using a fork. Such a little lady ;)


Today we all got together for dinner at my parents house to round out Merrill's birthday weekend. It was great to spend time with the family and celebrate Merrill's first year. She is such a sweet baby girl and her smile makes my day. She is so affectionate and gives the best hugs and kisses. I'm so happy that I get to see her everyday and be a part of her life.

Happy Birthday, Merrill!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

you beat me to the punch! There are just too many pictures to sort through ;). Thanks for sharing your weekend with us -- Merrill loves you very much!! (we all do...)