Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

We had a perfect Fourth of July weekend! My parents have a cabin at Innsbrook and unfortunately Jason and I have not been able to take advantage of it for the past couple of years due to our busy schedules (planning a wedding last summer took up most of our time!). I forgot not only how much fun it is to go out there, but how relaxing it is. Jason and I got up Saturday morning, went for a run, and then hit the road for the quick 45 minute drive. We unpacked our cooler, ate lunch and then went down to the lake to take the boat out for the afternoon. Innsbrook does not allow speed boats so it's very quiet and peaceful. We have a little six person pontoon boat. It doesn't go very fast but it's so nice to get out on the water and cruise around without the noise or craziness that can come with bigger, faster boats. We anchored in the middle of the lake and just sat and talked for a couple of hours while enjoying a few drinks. It was awesome. Just the two of us surrounded by the beautiful lake completely unplugged from the real world and enjoying each others company.

So peaceful

There are some beautiful homes out there

Saturday evening we grilled out and relaxed before Brandon and Mary joined us. We went back on the boat to watch the amazing fireworks display that Innsbrook puts on every year. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen and it's so cool to enjoy it from the middle of the lake (although really loud!).

Sunday morning Jason and I were in charge of making breakfast for everyone and then we packed up the cooler with drinks and food and went back out on the boat. Unfortunately it was pretty overcast, but that didn't stop us from having a great time. We spent all day on the boat drinking, swimming, listening to music and jumping on trampolines. Trampolines? Yep. As we were heading back to the cabin we spotted a water trampoline and couldn't resist. Luckily the owner was outside and he told us to have at it. I'm sure he got a kick out of watching us!
Captain Mary

Jason enjoying the view

Jason making his way onto the trampoline

Jumping!

Mary and Brandon cooked up a delicious dinner for us and we spent the rest of the night playing Catch Phrase on the deck.

Too cool ;)

Going to Innsbrook was such a great way to spend the long weekend and celebrate the Fourth of July. It was nice to trade in the everyday hustle and bustle for sun, trees, lakes, boats, naps, cooking out and lots of good conversation and laughs. I'm hoping that we are able to make time to get out there a lot more this summer and in the coming years.

1 comment:

Next Door to Normal said...

Looks like you guys had a blast and I bet your dad was happy the cabin was getting some summer time use. I think you needed more trampoline pictures though LOL!