We've been in our house just over a year now and while we did some work on it when we first moved in, we haven't done much since. We got lucky that the house didn't need a lot of work when we bought it but we had our first major repair last month. We knew that the roof would need to be replaced within the next few years but due to some hungry squirrels that day came a little faster. We noticed some shingles on the front porch and later found out that apparently squirrels like to sharpen their teeth on a part of the roof and they were tearing up the shingles in the process. So we finally got someone out to assess the damage and he confirmed that we would need to replace the entire roof. Not fun, but now it's done and we won't have to worry about it again.
The rest of our improvements were by choice and more enjoyable.
We painted the bathroom on the main level. We chose a dark brown thinking it would make the white tile really pop. This is the one room that Jason allowed me to make a little girly by adding some pink accents ;) I really like the way it came out.
Before:
After:

Next we tackled the guest room. I love the way it came together! We chose 'Almost Charcoal' for the walls and accented with teal and yellow/green.
Before:

After:
Jason refinished an old dresser, book shelf and end table that we had. He did an awesome job!

Love this rug I found at Target!
Jason and his dad also spent a couple of days power washing and staining the deck. It looks great!
Jason and I love our house and have enjoyed making it our own over the past year. I have lots of other big projects in mind to tackle next!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Home Improvement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, everything looks great! I'm impressed that you remembered to take the "before" shot...I always forget that part.
Barb, I was thinking the same thing! :) The house looks great, Lauren and Jason!
Post a Comment