Sunday, October 24, 2010

Best. Game.Ever

Jason and I made the trip to our Alma Mater, Mizzou, yesterday for Homecoming. We lucked out and got tickets to the football game from Jason's cousin who wasn't able to make it. We could not have asked for a better night!

The setting:

  • Mizzou Homecoming weekend.
  • Mizzou vs. Oklahoma.
  • Mizzou undefeated and ranked 11th.
  • Oklahoma undefeated and ranked 1st.
  • ESPN College Game Day at Mizzou.
  • Crazy Mizzou fans decked out in Black and Gold everywhere you look.
  • Mizzou=underdog having lost 19 of the last 20 meetings against Oklahoma.
All of these elements made for a high energy, pumped up atmosphere that was unlike any I've ever experienced and lasted throughout the entire game. The Tigers started the game off right by returning the opening kickoff for an 86 yard touchdown and they never looked back! The final score: Mizzou 36 OU 27. Jason and I had a blast and were so glad we were able to make it to Columbia and be part of history! We have so many great memories there and now we can add this weekend as one of the best!

Excited for the game to start!

Go Tigers!

Half time show

Final Score. Tigers win!

A sea of gold rushing the field! Amazing!

Carrying the goal post off to Harpo's. A Mizzou tradition

Proud to be a Tiger!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

It's good to know that you didn't rush the field. For one of the few times in my life, I actually rooted for Missouri that night.