Kelly and I decided to try Indian cuisine for "I" month and headed to India's Rasoi this month. Located in the Central West End, this is a new location for the restaurant, it's colorfully decorated and serves North Indian cuisine, South Indian cuisine, and Indian fusion items. It's been a while since I've had Indian food so I was excited to try something new and have some Naan (leavened bread baked in tandoor)!
Kelly and I loved the decor.
We opted for garlic naan - so good!

We started our meal with vegetable samosas: a delicately spiced stuffed pastry consisting of a fried or baked triangular pastry shell with a savory filling, which included spiced potatoes, onions, peas, coriander, and lentils. Although they weren't actually brought to our table until after our entrees, they were hot and delicious.

We started our meal with vegetable samosas: a delicately spiced stuffed pastry consisting of a fried or baked triangular pastry shell with a savory filling, which included spiced potatoes, onions, peas, coriander, and lentils. Although they weren't actually brought to our table until after our entrees, they were hot and delicious.

Kelly and I were originally going to order the same entree, but our waiter talked us out of it and I'm glad he did! We shared two delicious vegetarian meals: Navartan Korma (mixed vegetables sauteed in cream, herbs, and spices) and Palak Paneer (creamed spinach cooked delicately with homemade cheese cubes).
The Narartan Korma is Kelly's favorite dish and I can see why. Navratan means nine gems, and it is common for the recipe to include nine different vegetables and also includes nuts. Can you tell I'm doing a lot of googling for this post ;) Ours was topped with slivered almonds. It added a nice crunch and there was a slight sweetness to the sauce.

Our server recommended the Palak Paneer which is a North Indian dish prepared with spinach and Indian cheese. It was rich, smooth, and creamy. The paneer cubes are cooked in a onion-tomato-spinach based gravy which is spiced with Indian spices. The curry sauce was a nice contrast to the creamy sauce of the other dish and the paneer cheese was delicious!

Both dishes were served in bowls along with basmati rice on the side. Kelly and I thoroughly enjoyed our Indian feast and both left completely stuffed! We agreed that we need to take our boys there sometime since neither of them have ever had Indian food. Rasoi has a warm, inviting atmosphere and our server was very helpful and knowledgeable - although he told Kelly that he rarely eats the food he serves ;) We will be back!

No comments:
Post a Comment