Sunday, October 3, 2010

1/2 Marathon - We did it!!

Jason and I successfully completed our first half marathon this morning! It was an awesome experience and I enjoyed every minute of it! Crossing the finish line with my husband, who was by my side the entire race, and being cheered on by our families was so amazing it brought tears to my eyes. I'm happy to report that my nerves finally calmed and I wasn't really nervous at all today. I bought a strap to put around my knee that helped so much and I had very minimal discomfort. I managed to meet every goal I set for myself:

1.) I finished!!
2.) I ran the entire way
3.) I hit my goal time right on the nose: 2 hours and fifteen minutes

Jason's parents had everyone back to their house for a relaxing and very yummy lunch afterwards. All in all it was the perfect day :) Pictures to come when my energy returns ;) Thank you to everyone who gave their support and encouragement during the training, before and during the race. It's what kept me going for 13.1 miles today!

No comments: